I am importing existing EKS Cluster into Rancher-2.7.0.
Here is my setup on AWS
• Rancher 2.7 is installed on 3 node K3s cluster using helm
• EKS Cluster exists in Account-B
• IAM user account exists in Account-A
• IAM user in Account-A can assume role in Account-B which has Full EKS permissions
• I have validated with aws sts get-caller-identity and kubectl commands that IAM user in Account-A is able to get nodes, get pods etc which proves that the basic IAM setup is working as expected.
• EKS Cluster version: 1.21.
However, when I try to add AWS credential to Rancher before importing the cluster, I get “Authentication test failed, please check your credentials”. Please throw some pointers on how to troubleshoot the error.
03/13/2023, 5:39 PM
@stale-spring-20280 were u able to solve this issue? If yes please share the details?