Yep. Same symptoms since 1.1.0-rc3, it was working in 1.1.0-rc1. Can you elaborate on the fix? How to execute the installer on the node manually? A proposed solution in 1.1.2 takes too long imho 😁
10/28/2022, 12:33 AM
shell into the node..
or ctrl+alt+f2 i believe..
i would think for virtualbox you could just increase the size of the view
10/28/2022, 10:31 AM
Nope. The iso boots into "normal" text mode, the window can be increased, but the active view is not increasing. This procedure works:
1. boot the iso
2. Switch to second pty (Ctrl-Alt-F2)
3. Find management interface (ip a)
4. Configure ip address (ip addr add 192.168.xxx.yyy/24 dev <interfacename>)
5. Activate interface (ip link set <interfacename> up)
6. SSH into the node (username: rancher , password: rancher)
7. sudo -i
9. Don't select DHCP if you have it because it will override the manually configured IP. When the installer is crashing, increase the window size of the terminal and retry the installer